10.10.2009

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies


I have tried a few different pumpkin cookie recipes. With them all disappointing me. I made this recipe a few days ago and when I couldn't stop eating them and my husband said to me, "This may possibly be the best pumpkin chocolate chip cookie I have ever had", I knew I hit the jackpot. And I knew I had to share.

**Make sure you use a timer and make sure they only cook for 10 minutes!**

1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil ( I use canola)
1 egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon milk
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Combine pumpkin, sugar, oil, and egg. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir into pumpkin mixture. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.

Add vanilla and chocolate chips. Mix well.

Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 10 minutes. Enjoy!

2 comments:

mom of a super-hero said...

jess, love the new blog! i have been slightly addicted by sewing and crafting blogs this month and have a couple you might want to check out: www.ikatbag.blogspot.com and www.makeitandloveit.com i have learned how to make lots of things and have been inspired by these amazing women. i love what you guys are doing here!

The Newswander Family said...

I made these cookies on Halloween & they were ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! Brady said they were also his favorite, the best he has had! He ate them over the other desserts! And his parents also said they were they best they have had! They were gone in like 30 minutes!!! Thank you SO much for this recipe!!!